Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Am I a rock star or a psych patient?

Last night I got home from guitar lessons PUMPED. I have learned how to read music! I can look at lines and dots and know what to do with my fingers and string - Yes string is singular, I've only learned what to do with one string and three notes. So after a little practicing and getting very close to mastering the 3 songs from the first page of my music book I ask Jay if he would like to see what I can do...

I start by counting 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4... and then I break into song number one... the song has about 8 bars to it. I finish and look to Jay for confirmation that I am as great as I think I am. He has this big grin and he says he likes it, he really likes the toe tapping and the counting throughout the song. He likes that I play the note on all the right counts and thinks its really good that the counts are not maintaining any real rhythm. *big smirk* The kicker he tells me is the rocking... as I rock forward and back, tapping my toes, saying 1,2,3,4 and playing my song that consists of 3 notes all on one string he is sure I am going to be ROCKSTAR! I knew it, I am talented. Wheeeeee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home