Wednesday, February 23, 2005

More on the house.

We have some reservations and questions about the house... we've opted to drop our offer to $70K below the list price... with the usual conditions of selling our house, financing, home inspection. We are also putting in the condition that they put in writing that they did the repairs they say they did and they supply the proof that the empty, city-owned lot next door will be put up for sale and whomever owns this house will get first right of refusal. They can say it but they gotta prove it.

His agent made the huge mistake of telling our agent (my agent can beat up your agent, na-na-na-na-na-naaaa) that the house should be listed $20K below what its at! DUH! Way to sell out your client!

So we lowball the offer for him and we wait for a counter offer. Wheeeeeeee.

So, I am feeling mildly confident (read: confident but don't want to be wrong and get embarrassed). I think this guy is ready to sell and if he faces reality that we are ready to buy but we've done our homework (our agent did our homework) and any other responsible buyer out there is going to do theirs as well then he's going to keep getting no or low offers. Here's hoping.

We are so ready to see that water this spring and right now that is not a good thing. We want it so bad we can taste it. We are ready to keep a level head about ourselves... but self. control. is. hard.

The next big step would be selling our house. We are in some serious need for painters. This is going to be a loooonnnnng weekend.


Post a Comment

<< Home