Thursday, February 15, 2007

How original, one about the weather!

We had a blizzard here yesterday. That's right, a blizzard! Here in Central Ontario we have had some truly pansy assed winters over at least the last 5, maybe 10 years. Every year I bitch and complain that there is not enough snow and about how I haven't had a snow day since the 6th grade. So when the snow was flying on Tuesday evening, Jay and I were sitting in our lazy boys watching our motion light come on and off, on and off, I squealed "it's a blizzard!" like it was the first time I've ever witnessed such a phenomenon. I don't remember the last time I saw snow blowing around like that. It reminded me of those old weather reports in the 80's when they showed footage of cars driving along and then a shot of a car that had slid off the road and then someone walking along the road away from their broken down car. Quality news coverage.

Yesterday would have been a certifiable snow day for me except that I now work from home and there were no unpenetrable drifts between the bedroom and the office. Crap. Later in the afternoon the sun finally peeked through the clouds for the first time in 3 days so I threw on my gear and headed out to take a look at the aftermath. Jay soon joined me, I think because my neighbour called him to see why I was out shovelling the 5 foot high drift alone. Since we live on a private laneway, the city is not obligated to plough it for us so my neighbour came out and cleared a few track marks down the road with his truck and then Jay and I shovelled the rest. The sun was shining, the temperature was about -7 degrees Centigrade, the snow was all sparkly and I must say, it was a beautiful, beautiful day.

Today the sun is shining and the temperature is -22, it's beautiful but fucking cold.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home