Monday, January 15, 2007

2006 in review

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?

Started running long distances. Ran in a 10Km race.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Well, some, not all. I am still embracing my healthier and active lifestyle but I am still working at the same company.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No, actually. In fact, I don't think any of my friends are ever going to have kids.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No.

5. What countries did you visit?

None. 2006 was the year of no vacation. Travelled to Ottawa and to the cottage for my vacations. A couple of days in Quebec... they *want* to be their own country. ;-)

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?

More confidence.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

September 2nd. The day that part of our home was damaged in a storm. August 16th - really nice 3rd anniversary at the Grosvenor and B&B. Most years I have more memorable dates but right now I can't think of anything else.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

A promotion (even though I want another job). Also the running a little bit. Mainly the fact that I've stuck to it and I feel so strong.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I'm still working for the same company. I have no idea what to do with the rest of my life.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

iPod Nano. I didn't buy it but I asked for one for my birthday and got it.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Hubby. He's working so hard and trying so hard.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Me sometimes. I can't think of anyone else.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Mortgage, debt.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Going to Ottawa and seeing some of the Bluesfest concerts. Spending some really really awesome time with my sister.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?.

Crazy - Gnarls Barklay -> NOT THAT I LIKE IT but they never stopped playing it.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

a) Happier in a couple of aspects, sadder about 1 or 2 things.

b) fatter... but not by a lot and definately stronger and healthier.

c) richer but not by a lot. My life is richer overall as well.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Girls nights out.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Marijuana. Watching TV.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

I spent it with family, both sides.

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?

You bet. I fall in love with Jay over and over again.

22. How many one-night stands?

I'm married!

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Amazing race. Ballet Girls.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't hate but I am so shocked at the level of jackassery displayed by many at the company I work for.

25. What was the best book you read?

Uggh. I did not make very profound reading choices this year. National Geographic was probably the best reading I've done.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Raconteurs

27. What did you want and get?

Can't think of anything.

28. What did you want and not get?

I'm following a theme here: new job.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?

An Inconvenient Truth. For my husband: Inside Man.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Birthday #29. What did I do? Can't even remember but I think it was nice.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Immeasurably? Come on. I don't even know what life is all about right now so I guess if I could just figure that out.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?

Comfortable.

33. What kept you sane?

Jay kept me sane and at times a little insane but in a good way. Running helps too.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Al Gore.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?

Elections. Stephen Harper. Gay Marriage.

36. Who did you miss?

My sister. Carrie... my other "sister".

37. Who was the best new person you met?

I can't even think of anyone I met... Rob at work I guess.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.

Life just keeps going on. We're not going to be young forever.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Please. Slow it down. There's a secret magic past world that you only notice when you're looking back at it and all I want to do it turn around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home