Sunday, October 17, 2010

New! Fun! Throw!

Today I picked up a truck load of firewood and while we stacked it all next to the house Dylan was thrilled with this new! fun! activity! I love when we do something he has never seen, heard, smelled or touched before. I love to experience his curiosity and be a part of his learning process. Except new food, no, that's not fun at all. But the firewood was cool and awesome and involved a ride in the pick-up truck while we backed it into a good unloading space. Jay and his Dad picked up armfuls of wood and walked them over to the house, I tossed logs toward the tailgate to make it easier for the boys to grab them and Dylan picked up the logs I tossed and a threw them in the front corner of the truck. Helpful. Only one injury was sustained when he threw a log at me and hit me in the thigh, the log ricocheted off the side of the truck and landed on my toe. Then we got the shovel out to remove the crap that comes with a truckload of wood and that was SO! AWESOME! Dylan helped only he hand picked several pieces of wood and bark FROM THE WHEELBARROW next to the truck, placed them in the shovel and then dumped the shovel in the general direction of the wheelbarrow. When we experience something new like this for Dylan it's thrilling and fun and makes me feel very lucky. I love spending time with him, I love all of us spending these times together even if it is just a weekend chore. Jay and I were a family before he was here, that's true, but the family we are now is the best thing ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home