Wednesday, September 01, 2010

$3

For Dylan's 2nd Birthday, we bought AND ASSEMBLED! a huge plastic playhouse. Why would we think this was what he'd like? Because we went to Lick's (gross by the way!) and they had the EXACT same house. Dylan refused french fries to play in that house. I will repeat that statement: DYLAN REFUSED FRENCH FRIES. Then when it was time to change his poopy diaper he was all "leave it there, I need to play in this house!". It was love. So we spent more than anyone should on a piece of unrecyclable plastic that required 2 hours of assembly time and guess how much time Dylan has spent loving that house? About, oh, 15 minutes.

Last weekend I was on my own with Dylan and I decided to take him for a run in the jogger. We were up, fed, dressed and at the running path by 8:30. The jogger was set up, the baby was in it and set up with snacks and juice and toys. I turned to begin the run and felt it, one of the tires was completely flat. I'm proud to say that I wasn't about to miss my run but not very proud to say that I didn't know how to change the tube. I loaded all of gear, the baby, the paraphernalia back into the car then drove us over to Canadian Tire and picked up a tube. Then I drove over to my Mommy's for help. That is where we saw the garage sale and where we found a train set. A train set that was priced for $5 but we got for just $3. Now I've seen true love. Dylan is gaga for the train set. Jay has repaired it 4 times and I've permanently removed the batteries in the station that make the constant CHUGGA-CHUGGA-CHUGGA-CHUGGA-CHOOOOO-CHOOOOOO! noise. Try listening to that for 3 continuous hours and NOT want to shove a ball point pen through your ear drum. But that's me, Dylan is seriously into this train. The total amount of time we've spent playing with the train since we got it? About, oh, 30 hours!

$3 train set (with a bristle block town):
Dylan's usual position during the train game.


Love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home