Monday, August 16, 2010

Twinkle Twinkle... aarrcckkkggghh

Dylan started singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in the bath the other night. After the bath, during our daily wrestle-diaper-and-jammies-on-the-squirming-toddler ritual I pinned him on our bed. Most nights after his bath we head into our room and play on our bed. I am embarrassed to admit the amount of naked baby we've had come into contact with our things, our furniture, our clothes. You know how some people say that kissing someone is like kissing every person they've ever kissed? Ya, if you touch me or anything in my house it's like touching naked baby. Hah! Tangent! Anyway, I pinned him on the bed and started singing Twinkle Twinkle. He was intrigued and for some reason he stuck his index finger near my mouth and I pretended to chomp it with a big aarrcckkkggghh. Dylan thought that was hilarious so we repeated the fun and I chomped on various body parts including his tummy, his toes and his neck. I finished getting his jammies on, read a story (actually I attempt to read a story while Dylan flips through the pages, stops only on his favourites for exactly 2 seconds and then chucks the book over his right shoulder... look! another tangent!) and put him to bed. Ready for the point of the story?! The next day I'm sitting on the floor in the kitchen and I start singing Twinkle Twinkle, well Dylan stops what he's doing, starts giggling and runs up to me to put his neck up to my mouth. My heart melted. I love that kid. And them I chomped him all over, especially his delicious neck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home