Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Four months

Weight: 13 pounds 7 ounces.
This is the first minth since Dylan was born that I don't feel like the time slipped away from me. It does go by quickly but I don't feel like I'm in a fog and missing it. We had some much better sleep in the third month than we did in the fourth but as I write this he is napping after a 6 hour + 2.5 hour sleep last night. After the trip to Buffalo he didn't sleep for more than 4 hours in a row and then would take 3 hour naps in the day. Aggh. Since his sleep wasn't getting any better after a week, we moved him to his crib on Sunday night and then last night he had a good stretch of sleep! My only compaint is that after the 6 hour sleep he seemed to be pretty rested and wanted to party however this was at 3:30 in the morning! Oh, the cooing and the kicking and the grabbing. After an hour I decided that since I couldn't beat 'im, I'd join 'im and we had some fun giggles and cuddles.



It is still all about the sleep these days. I've said it so many times but I really never expected the amount of time we would spend thinking about sleep, soothing to sleep, counting hours of sleep, hoping for sleep, crying about lack of sleep, bargaining for sleep and so on.

This month Dylan has discovered his hands and how much he likes to put them in his mouth. Both hands. At the same time. I think he learned this so that he have somewhere to put all the drool that he is producing. Collect the drool on hands, fling drool around the room with flailing limbs. This is a fun game and just this week he has also found that he likes taking the things he is grabbing and putting them in his mouth too, I'm partial to receiving blankets as they are a good absorber of drool and reduce the drool baths we receive.
He still shares his smiles with everyone and I like that about him, he is happy to see anyone with a friendly face. A Dylan smile is usually the kind with his mouth wide open and if you get to close he will try to eat you. He has also really started to laugh. Out loud. This little blob we've been sustaining for the last few months is starting to be a real person with a personality. A personality that is happy or curious or frustrated, one that is expressive and demanding and also laid back and mellow. My love for him is growing every day and just when I think I can't fit any more love into my body then I wake up to the happy, gummy smiles with a string of drool rolling down one jowel and I am forced to squeeze in just a little more love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home