Thursday, June 12, 2008

1000X

It was a little shocking to read the second part of this line in my weekly email from Babycentre: "There's much less amniotic fluid and much more baby in your uterus, which has expanded to a thousand times its original size. " An organ. Inside my body. 1000X. The freaking crazy part is that it shrinks back down to size. I wish my butt would do that too.


So 36 weeks seem to have passed me by and I feel like screaming SLOW DOWN. Except the part about time off work, that I am looking forward to. This time next week we'll be full term and it will be safe for fetushead to arrive anytime, at which point life as I know it will never be the same. Swelling has started but mostly when it's hot. I'm sure I'm the only one who's happy that it's mighty chilly this week. We are still not very far on the name front. We shared a couple of boys names with the parents and both mothers gasped in horror. I thought that this reaction would be upsetting for me but actually this has brought about a challenge... I look forward to producing this sound again.


Let us now reflect on the previous flatness of my stomach... was taken last May, 13.5 months ago:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home