Thursday, March 20, 2008

We Will, We Will

ROCK YOU!

We went to see the We Will Rock You musical last weekend and it was a fun show. Complete with glowsticks and popcorn in the theatre, it's not what I expected but I guess I've never been to a musical comedy before either. It was a totally fun day. We took the dog for a long walk when we woke up and then got ready for the show. Then we drove downtown early to find a place for lunch and were pleasantly surprised to see that the St. Paddy's Day parade was in full effect. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe and they gave us the super cool round booth where we could see the parade and have lunch. Then after the show we went out for a nice dinner. It's been a while since Jay has seen me in anything other than pyjamas, bleach stained track pants or the one pair of maternity jeans that I wear to work most days but promptly change out of the minute I get home from work. It's not because they are uncomfortable but because I need to keep them clean for the next day. I don't want to buy more jeans because the weather will be too warm for them and I haven't found the right spring/summer clothes to get me through the next 4 months. There are really not that many clothing store options for pregnant women in the suburbs. Anyway, since I had on dress pants (my only other maternity bottoms) and my new spring tent... er, sweater... plus I was wearing makeup and I even smelled nice, well, we had to share 2 meals out that day. We went to Milestones for dinner and for the second time in one day, without even asking, we were given the super cool round corner booth, perfect for giggles and cuddles. A few times on Sunday I said that life after baby will be so different that we won't even remember what we used to be like or days like this. Jay disagreed and, like always, told me how this is just going to be us, the baby will fit into our lives like he or she has always been here. Either he's incredibly smart, mature and brave... or completely dillusional. Whichever it is, we had an extremely fun day on Sunday and we've been talking about it ever since. Plus I've had the unshakable urge to stomp, stomp, clap... stomp, stomp, clap...

Buddy you’re a boy make a big noise
Playin’ in the street gonna be a big man some day
You got mud on yo’ face
You big disgrace
Kickin’ your can all over the place

WE WILL, WE WILL, ROCK YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home